The PRP is sponsored by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA) pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between FedEx Corporation and ALPA. It reimburses eligible retirees and their spouses each up to $116 per month in 2017 for premium payments made during the year to an acceptable plan that is supplemental to Medicare. Effective January 1, 2016 premium paid for Medicare Part B is an eligible expense.
Eligibility requirements and benefits are dependent on the pilot’s retirement date.
Pilots who retired before November 3, 2015:
- Must maintain FedEx active or retiree health coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents up to attainment of age 65 to be eligible to participate in the PRP.
- Are eligible for premium reimbursement for eligible coverage up to the full monthly benefit amount ($116/month for 2017) without proration based on years of pilot service.
- A Welcome Kit will be sent separately to pilot and spouse (or other eligible dependent) about 4 months to the individual’s 65th birthday. Receipt of the welcome letter is your indication that you are enrolled in the PRP.
- NEW: beginning January 1, 2017 – you will be enrolled automatically – no need to return the Participant Verification Form unless you have a correction to the pre-filled information. You must however complete a claim form each year to receive benefits.
Pilots who retire on or after November 3, 2015:
- Are not required to maintain FedEx health coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents up to attainment of age 65 to be eligible to participate in the PRP. However, they must meet the age and service requirements for eligibility for the FedEx Retiree Health Plan for Pilots.
- The premium reimbursement maximum ($116/month for 2017) will be prorated 4% per year of pilot service (up to 25 years of service). For example, a pilot with 15 years of service will be eligible for up to 60% of $116/month or a maximum reimbursement of $69.60 per month.
- A Welcome Kit will be sent to the pilot towards the end of the month following the month of the pilot’s retirement. This mailing is the pilot’s indication that he is enrolled in the PRP. It is the pilot’s responsibility to complete or correct any missing or incorrect information. If the form is correct and complete – it is not necessary to return the form.
- Note: Based on pilot age at retirement date, it may be years before you and/or your spouse attains age 65. We’ll keep track of you and your spouse based on the information outlined in the Participant Verification Form. In December of the year prior to your 65th birthday we will send you a reminder that you can begin filing claims on your birthday month if you are enrolled in Medicare Part B, Part D and or a Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage Plan.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about claims, call Med-Pay. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m., CST (800)777-9087